A Release Candidate for the upcoming phpList 3.4.2 is now available for testing.
This release includes several usability & functional enhancements, plus a fix on the Automatic Updater to support PHP 5.3 and 5.4.
Changes to look for:
- Added support for [CONTACTURL] placeholder, allowing customization of vCard link anchor text
httpto URLs included in vCards for wider support and compliance
- Added validation of email addresses during import of subscribers from .txt files
- Check “omit invalid” option by default on ‘Import subscribers from CSV file’ page, to avoid importing invalid emails
- Add fallback during Automatic Updater checks (dashboard notification) to remove dependency on cURL
- Added support for inline viewing of PDF attachments allowing access to PDF campaign attachments in your browser when receiving plaintext messages and/or use the NewsletterArchive add-on – thanks to @lwc , see the pull request
- List all errors when they exist on subscribe pages, particularly when using the Captcha plugin enabled – thanks to @merovatis who raised the problem and Duncan for quickly providing the fix, see the pull request
Full list of changes here.
If you have experienced issues with previous installations please install this update and see if those issues are resolved.
Download the Release Candidate here (see also ‘Upgrading’).
Upgrade from releases older that phpList 3.3.7-RC1 following the usual upgrade process
Use the Automatic Updater if you are running phpList 3.3.7 or latter.
Use your phpList as normal, and report any new problems you find.
Activating the REST API
If you haven’t checked the REST API yet, you can see the dedicated chapter in the manual to help you get started with it: API and Integrations
This RC is available for testing until the final release expected on May 11th. If a new RC will be necessary based on the feedback shared, an announcement will be posted in advance.
Report any issues you find with phpList 4 core or REST API to the corresponding repo on GitHub.
Please read the contribution guide on how to contribute and how to run the unit tests and style checks locally.