Mail lagging while sending through phpList via AWS SES

We are previously used our default PHPLIST, now we are integrated AWS SES in PHPLIST.
While sending through AWS SES, we are getting email sent count mismatching compare to PHPLIST Count and AWS SES Count.
Weekly Count of PHPLIST is “1,26,293” but in AWS SES email sent count is “37,000” only.
How to check the mail log send from PHPLIST to AWS SES.
How to resolve this issue, where is the problem occurs.

Be aware that the ‘processing’ count is different from the sent count. Processing means a message was processed. A single message is processed more than once of the SMTP refuses to accept it the first time its processed.

Check the logs from SES, and the system log page in phpList. See the troubleshooting section of the phpList manual for how to enable more verbose logging.

It looks like some sending attempts are failing. You should review the phplist event log page to see any errors reported.

I guess that you are using the multi-curl option for the plugin. You can try disabling that to see whether that is more reliable.

1 Like

@samtuke:
We aware of that Processing count and Sent count, actually my problem is count mismatching with PHPLIST Sent Count and SES Sent Count.

SES is not providing any log details to view.

I like to know the details of PHPLIST sending campaign to SES count and SES sending campaign to subscribers.

How to check that from PHPLIST? Can you help me out.

@duncanc:
If it is sending attempt fails, it should affect in both of the PHPLIST and SES but in PHPLIST i can able to see “1,26,293” and in SES “37,000” sent count.

Is that possible to see log for each and every campaign indivitually?

How to disable multi-curl and check?

@Husain I suggested that you review the event log for any reported errors, have you done that?

The configuration for the plugin is on the Settings page and is explained in the plugin documentation https://resources.phplist.com/plugin/amazonses
You should disable the setting for “send emails concurrently”.

@duncanc:

I checked event log, there are all the log shows positive. Is there any other option to check error logs in PHPLIST?

Now i changed the AWS SES configuration setting as per your suggestions disabled the “send emails concurrently”.

Actually i am sending reports everyday to my manager by generating query, in the query i am getting these count, below i give the query details also.

SELECT COUNT(*) AS sentCount FROM `phplist_usermessage`
        WHERE `entered` BETWEEN 'weekStartDateTime' AND 'weekDateEndTime'

Result: 1,26,293

But, While checking in the AWS SES email sent count is showing “37,000” only.
Is there any possible way to sort this out? How to tally this count in both PHPLIST and AWS SES?

Please can you show some of the event log records that show no failures. The plugin reports failures only, so everything else would have been reported as successful by Amazon SES.

If you have now changed the plugin not to send concurrently then that will apply only after your change.

Your database query is not specific to one message, does that matter?
You should look at the rows of the usermessage table to see whether any have a status other then ‘sent’.

1 Like

@duncanc:

Here i attached event log screenshot for your reference. in that i send 1 campaign with 4 subscribers. It’s shows positive response.

“If you have now changed the plugin not to send concurrently then that will apply only after your change.” - I aware of that, now i said previous count details only, i have to sort it out.

“Your database query is not specific to one message, does that matter?” - Yes. We are calculating the count by “Daily”, Weekly", “Monthly” and “Yearly”. So it will get count of that basis.

“You should look at the rows of the usermessage table to see whether any have a status other then ‘sent’.” - We are getting that ‘sent’ status count only from that user

To get sent campaign count:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS campaignsCount FROM `phplist_message`
WHERE `status` = 'sent' AND `sent` BETWEEN 'weekStartDateTime' AND 'weekDateEndTime'

To get sent email count:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS sentCount FROM `phplist_usermessage`
WHERE `entered` BETWEEN 'weekDateStartTime' AND 'weekDateEndTime'

@Husain I’m referring to event log records from the Amazon SES plugin. For each batch there should be an entry similar to this

Your screenshot shows that you were processing the queue in the browser, not as a cron job (the Page is pageaction instead of processqueue). Are you sure that all emails have been sent through Amazon SES and not by some other method?

My comment on your query was to look at the status column of the usermessage table. There are other values that a row can have which can indicate that the email was not sent.

@duncanc:

Can you please check this below screenshot, is that your asking?

I checked with mail information, it’s sending through AWS SES only.

“My comment on your query was to look at the status column of the usermessage table. There are other values that a row can have which can indicate that the email was not sent.” - Right now i checked whatever your saying, all the status is ‘sent’ except one, that status is ‘unconfirmed user’.

@Husain the event log entries seem to show that Amazon SES is not returning any errors when the plugin sends emails. If that is the case then there is nothing more that phplist or the plugin can do, because the sending appears to be working.

Maybe you are looking at the wrong figures in the Amazon SES dashboard, but I am not too familiar with that. There might be a log of sent emails in Amazon SES, that might help to show if any emails from phplist are failing in some way.

@duncanc:

After disabled “send emails concurrently”, all the emails are sending failed and throws error like this below:

"MailSender http code: 400, result: Sender MessageRejected Sending paused for this account. For more information, please check the inbox of the email address associated with your AWS account. 4f0b60a8-3404-11e9-8047-831c5cffa900 , curl error:"

Please check this below screenshot of event log

So now i enabled “send emails concurrently”, after enabled this only email are start sending.

@Husain I don’t really understand what you have described, but guess that it is something to do with the Amazon SES account configuration. Have you googled for the text of that error message?

You can try raising the problem directly with Amazon, but otherwise I don’t think that I can help any further. If the plugin does not work for you then you will need to use a different way for phplist to send emails .