Where ti find the "Resend the request for confirmation" feature?

Hi community,

I am new to phpList and the community, and first of all I would like to thank you for a great tool and great support!

I was looking for the feature to “Resend the request for confirmation to users who signed up and have not confirmed their subscription” in the menue “Suvscribers” > “Reconcile Users” as described here but it isn’t there.

Is this a matter of phpList version (I’m running 3.0.12) or a configuration setting, or something else?

Thanks for advice!

Cheers,
Willy

Please note that documentation is now on www.phplist.org/manual.

Not sure about that old feature…

Perhaps a workflow could be to make a list of all the unconfirmed subscribers and then use the invite plugin to do this task? Then those who don’t confirm will be blacklisted to clean your lists.

Anna,

thank you for replying quickly!!!

I installed the Invitation-Plugin and sending an invitation mail with blacklisting the user works fine. BUT: Clicking the confirmation link sent returns:

“Thank you for confirming your subscription to our newsletters. The newsletters you are subscribed to are listed below. We already received your confirmation previously.

Moreover the particular user IS NOT un-blcklistet.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Willy

yeah I think that is this bug: https://mantis.phplist.org/view.php?id=17606

Can you email me please on anna@phplist.com and we will fix this for you, I am really sorry, I did not know about this bug. (I work for phpList btw)

Thanks

Anna

Anna,

thanks again!

To whom it may concern: There is a workaround or patch that works for me: phpList 3.0.12 with invite plugin 0.3 - no guarantee that it works for other setups, too!

1. Goto https://github.com/phpList/phplist3/blob/53765552ce2592281eee488eb0f4c77078424d09/public_html/lists/index.php
  2. Make sure that you are looking at the commit dated May 19 2015. Later commits may work too, but I used this one.
  3. Click RAW to get the full file.
  4. Change lines 5 and 6 to point to the locations of “unregister_globals.php” and “magic_quotes.php” in 3.0.12. That is “admin/commonlib/lib/” instead of “admin/inc/”
  5. Drop that tweaked “index.php” in the “lists/” directory.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Willy

Good work @membino - the new version of phpList will be out as soon as we can manage, which will fix this problem.

I think I have a similar problem. Users who do not get their first confirmation email for what ever reason and who try to have phpList “Resend” the confirmation

A) Do not get that 2nd confirmation. Not ever. And,
B) Even if I purge the unconfirmed email address and they try again, they still cannot re-register that same email. I’ve tried with my own accounts. It just does not work. These email addresses are being treated as if they are blacklisted when in fact they are not. I can, however, send invites to these addresses using the invite plugin.

phpList v3.0.6

Hi

I would suggest first to update your phpList, and if you still have the issue, then to make a bug report. The issue sounds like the sort of thing that gets fixed pretty quickly at the moment so the sooner you report it the better :smile:

a
x