Upgrade Error - Who can fix this?

When I tried to upgrade, I received this message:

Updater is loading
Error: The following files are either not expected and should be removed, or are missing but required and should be put back in place
uploadimages

What should I do to fix it? Thank you.

Is the folder uploadimages missing~? If so, re-create it.

oh…where should it be?

does anyone know where it should be?

@motavi The updater does not allow additional files or directories to be present in the “lists” directory. If there is a directory “uploadimages” then you need to move it out while you do the upgrade. Then move it back.

ok will try that thank you!

that worked! thanks so much! so now I have to create that uploadimages directory in /lists again yes?

@motavi Do you actually use that directory for uploading images in the editor? If not then you can leave it outside the lists directory, and change this line in config.php

define('UPLOADIMAGES_DIR', '???');

thanks! appreciate the help - i dont know if i use that or not…

I also have this error when attempting to backup. Message:
Error: Could not create back up of phpList directory. Please make sure that the argument is valid or is writable and try again without reloading the page.

What argument is valid?

I’ve indicated a directory that is writable outside the /list directory yet I continue to get his error message.

One suggestion would be to check the user that has write access to the directory you are providing. The directory needs to be writable by apache.

Hope this helps,
Suela.