Setting reply-to email address when sending a campaign

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to set a different from and reply-to email address for my phpList campaigns. I have reviewed this thread on phpList.com, but notice the thread is about 5 years old.

In the latest version of phpList, is there another way to do this, or is the only way to go in and edit the phpList core files?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey, I am not sure, but I think people don’t generally do this because it is a spam flag trigger.

Why do you need to do this? Perhaps there is a better way to achieve your aim? For example, a well formatted from line

“Name, company email” looks great with a no-reply from address in most email clients.

A
x

Hi Anna, thanks for your reply.

The reason I was wanting to use a different address is to try and avoid receiving a bunch of out-of-office replies to my regular mailbox. I’m assuming out-of-office replies go to the From address and not the Reply-To address, but I might be mistaken on this.

Regardless, I’m probably best to just try sending from my regular mailbox and see what the impact is. If I get thousands of out-of-office replies then I can look at another way to manage it. I could possibly set up a filtering rule to remove anything with out-of-office in the subject which might help to reduce the impact.

You should do it one time and then set up a filter in your inbox to weed them all out I guess :slight_smile: We have this. Also, there is a chance many will come back as bounces I think?

Fingers crossed I don’t get too many out of offices!

I have a separate mailbox set up for bounces and have configured this in the phpList config file so I’m expecting most of those will be handled automatically.