Random spaces inserted into text of messages, in both content and template

Since upgrading to 3.2.2 the emails get sent with random spaces inserted between letters. It’s not consistent, I’ll send a number of test mails of the exact same, unchanged campaign, and each one will have spaces inserted in different places in the received email. Some special characters, such as the apostrophe in here's, appears as here's in the email - but again, it’s random, and not every time. I’ve checked the source code of both the content and the template and it’s fine, no spaces.
I’m using the same CKeditor to compose that I was using before updating, and the same templates. (I’ve also tested with different templates, and a completely plain template as well - still random spaces appearing.)
Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?
Thank you!

Sorry, it’s version 3.2.3, not 3.2.2 as I mentioned above.

I’ve just rolled back to v3.2.0 and the exact same draft email displays fine, with no additional random spaces or special characters showing as code instead of the character…

Hi, can you report this as a bug https://www.phplist.org/development/#bugreport - thanks :smile:

1 Like

Hi, we are still working on this but it looks like it is an issue with out of date php

If you have this problem and have PHP less than 5.4 issue, then please update and see if this fixes the issue for you: 5.3 is already a year out of support so it’s time to update anyway :slight_smile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP#Release_history

Hi Anna,

I’ll check with my ISP and see what version of PHP they are running and
will let you know

Thanks!
Andy

Hi Anna,

They are running PHP version5.5.9.

Thanks,
Andy

mmm, I would update, check again, and make a bug report in which case :slight_smile:

Hey,

I’m having the same problem as posted above, running phplists 3.3.9 and PHP 5.6.

Has an update for this issue been found?

You need to get your host to update PHP to 6.x or better still, version 7.x and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks @Dragonrider, is PHPlist 3.3.9 safe to use with PHP 7.0 (7.1 or 7.1.2 or 7.2.8)

Just ran a test with version 7.0.33 and the same issue is still occurring.