Please help correct configuration of complicated sending rate

Hello,
I know this question has been asked many times but despite reading them, I’m still confused, perhaps because my settings needs to be more sofisticated… and I have never done it before.
Currently, we have cca 35000 users.
I only need to send the campaign Tue-Fri, 10-14hr (4 hours a day), I guess that using Scheduling with Requeue every day will do the job.
Our host have a limit of 8000/24hr (and 4k/hr), I will use 7800 to play safe = 1950/hr
I will only use cron, every 5 min?
Would you please consider the following as correct settings?
define(‘MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE’, 488);
define(‘MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD’, 900);
define(‘MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE’, 1);
define(‘MAILQUEUE_AUTOTHROTTLE’, 0);
define(‘USE_DOMAIN_THROTTLE’, 1);
define(‘DOMAIN_BATCH_SIZE’, 2);
define(‘DOMAIN_BATCH_PERIOD’, 120);
I have already installed the domainthrottlemap plugin to make sure the chance of delivering emails is bit higher.

1 Like

I’m definitely not the only one having to figure out how to properly use the batch settings. Does anyone know if there is some kind of updated, clear tutorial that would explain several scenarios? I would be happy to create one, but cannot figure it out… :confused:

@alex01 What exactly are you having difficulty with?

The cron job should be configured to run only between the hours on the days you specified. The cron frequency and batch size are related, so that you keep within the 1950/hour.

I would not use domain throttling because the effect is to unpredictably lengthen the time taken to send a campaign.

Thank you for your reply. Maybe I’m just too scared to screw it… I have 12 hours window spread over three days to send about 35k emails and I have to do it right and make sure I don’t blacklist my IP. I will most likely send you a PM if that’s OK.