back to phpList.org

phpList is sending too fast


#1

My hosting provider limits the number of emails sent to 200/hr.
I’m sending a small campaign (205 recipients) from the browser window.

This is the log message:

The following events occured while processing the message queue:

[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:16] [myipaddress] Started
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:16] [myipaddress] Sending in batches of 100 emails
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:16] [myipaddress] Processing has started,
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:16] [myipaddress] One campaign to process.
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:16] [myipaddress] Please leave this window open.
phpList will process your queue until all messages have been sent. This may
take a while
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:16] [myipaddress] Report of processing will be sent
by email
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:16] [myipaddress] Processing campaign 9
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:16] [myipaddress] Looking for subscribers
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:16] [myipaddress] Found them: 205 to process
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:21] [myipaddress] Script stage: 5
[Thu 7 Jun 2018 10:21] [myipaddress] 65 messages sent in 300.70 seconds
(778 msgs/hr)

These are my settings in config.php:

define(‘MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE’, 100);
define(‘MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD’, 3600);
define(‘MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE’, 2.0);
define(‘MAILQUEUE_AUTOTHROTTLE’, 0);
define(‘USE_DOMAIN_THROTTLE’, 1);
define(‘DOMAIN_BATCH_SIZE’, 1);
define(‘DOMAIN_BATCH_PERIOD’, 120);
define(‘DOMAIN_AUTO_THROTTLE’, 0);
define(‘MAX_PROCESSQUEUE_TIME’, 0);

Any ideas what to change?
Does phpList automatically continue sending? Now the windows is showing:

Sending in batches of 100 emails
Script stage: 5
65 messages sent in 300.70 seconds (778 msgs/hr)
80 failed (will retry later)
Finished this run
Less than batch size were sent, so reloading imminently

Thanks!


#2

@veltsu Please review other questions on the same topic to find solutions others have used. Send speed is a common theme on this forum.


#3

Yes, I’ve tried to find available solutions.

I don’t get this:

205 recipients
Sending in batches of 100 emails
65 messages sent in 300.70 seconds (778 msgs/hr)
80 failed (will retry later)
Less than batch size were sent, so reloading imminently

Would you please explain.


#4

@veltsu Which part in particular? It’s not clear why the 80 failed. It’s likely that the 60 subscribers unaccounted for have already received the message before or are blacklisted.


#5

This one particular. I have not yet succeeded to limit the output rate to less than 200 msgs/hr.

What about the automatic continuation?


#6

@veltsu 778 is the calculated messages per hour based on the time sample available. E.g. if the installation continued sending at the same speed it sent during the last 5 minutes then 778 would have been sent. It is not the total actually sent.

The sending process will not continue because there is nothing more to send; all valid recipients detected were sent to.


#7

I made these changes:
define(‘VERBOSE’, 1);
define(‘MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE’, 5);
define(‘DOMAIN_BATCH_PERIOD’, 1);
define(‘DOMAIN_AUTO_THROTTLE’, 1);

Let’s see how the next campaign sending behaves.


#8

The sending of a new campaign did not work as expected. The send process stopped after 59 recipients. There were no errors. When nothing happend in about half an hour, I stopped sendind and restarted. Now phpList processed 49 recipients.
The the status windows started looping. I attach the related log events. The emails are obfuscated.pageaction.zip (5.3 KB)
When I noticed the loop, I closed the window.