Php 8.0 & 403 access issues

Thanks for your input Frank but this seems to point to fact that this latest phplist update (v3.6.12) has got issues. In particular (for me) this new way of calculating the the list totals when viewing subscriber list pages. I guess if you only have one or two lists it probably works OK but as soon as you have more than 3 lists displayed on a page the totals get stuck and you get the ‘spinning disk’ that goes on forever. Then when you navigate to another page you get the 403 error alert. Sounds like you’re having a similar issue on the composition pages (personally I’m not having an issue there).

Surely the develpers need to look at this and resolve the issue on a future update.

@phillegg Were you able to make the code change to add a delay between each request? That change should be in the next release of phplist, but if it makes no difference for you then it may well be pointless.

I can display the lists page successfully on installations that have more than 10 lists without having the 403 problem, which is why I think it is being caused by something in your hosting company’s set-up.

OK, have added that delay as instructed (but gone back to 10 lists per page view) and still getting 403s.

Meanwhile, have attached some screenshots showing how many of these ‘list totals’ are failing / not resolving. On some pages as many as 7 lists don’t resolve and then on others just one (have just uploaded one of each scenario but went through about 7 pages with varying results).

@phillegg Thanks for making the code change. Now I do not get any 403 errors at all when paging through the set of lists in your phplist, and can see the slight delay between each set of list statistics being displayed.

I’m not sure why this isn’t working for you. Possibly something on your local network is causing it. Are you able to test from an entirely different network, say at home or your mobile network?

Ahhh Interesting! Will test on the weekend when I have the opportunity to test on a totally different network. Just to be clear, when you say you’ve not been able to generate any 403s when clicking through the Subsciber List pages, that’s when you’re doing it on my website (presuming you still have access)?

@phillegg Yes, your phplist.

I made Duncan’s suggested edit and started a new campaign with ModSecurity enabled. Did not get the 403 when saving changes. So works for me - thank you! :grin: