New to phpList I have a couple quick questions

I have a couple quick questions:

Using the send test to individual emails, I am receiving 2 emails, 1 with the chosen template and the other a text version. I had first tested the script on phpList.com and it would only send 1 email with the chosen template, but now that I’m using my webhost instead I receive the 2 emails. Did I click on something that I shouldn’t have?

Also, the template that I’m using includes a forwarding link. Where should I be sending the forward to? Currently it just goes to a blank page because I haven’t setup the [FORWARDURL]. Is there a standard forward message that I should be using?

I may have found the answer to the forwarding question:

Blockquotejoekaz wrote:
Just in case this helps: I’ve noticed that if you do a “Send Test Message” before the message has been sent out to the public, the “forward” link will not work and I see the 404 “Not Found” error. That makes sense because you don’t want people forwarding a message around that’s still unpublished.

I’m assuming this is correct?

thank you!

This is normal default practice. To disable the second test message (it simply shows you how your message will appear for both text or HTML versions) simply add the following to your config/config.php file.

// test emails
// if you send a test email, phplist will by default send you two emails, one in HTML format
// and the other in Text format. If you set this to 1, you can override this behaviour
// and only have a test email sent to you that matches the user record of the user that the
// test emails are sent to
define('SEND_ONE_TESTMAIL', 0);

This and all other options you can change can be found In the config/config_extended.php file

Perfect, thank you. I’ll check out the config file.