My Exported Database in Excel displays membership for each entry

Hello,

We have several user lists…We are running phplist version 2.10.10. When trying to export the email addresses to excel, either the individual lists or as a whole, the spreadsheet in excel will list the membership name for each email exported. We are trying to isolate only the email addresses, can you advise us how we can accomplish this without the membership tag.

Thank you for your time and your guidance.

I believe that you can select the information you want to export on the export dialog. I’ve had issues that the web interface only allows to to select various dates, and the dates do not go back far enough (early records will not be exported).

If you cannot get the export you want, you could also export the whole user database, and eliminate the unwanted columns in excel.

Lastly, if you can get to the database directly, you can generate a list of just the email addresses using SQL statements.

If that’s the case, I’ve found in the past that I need to adjust the start date for phpList in the config/config.php file to set the start year to the first year you wish to export from.

Thanks for the tip!

In this case, I do not have access to config.php file… so it seems like I’m stuck, unless I can ‘fake out’ the dates via the web browser… (v 2.x of phpLilst)

@danwaterloo Actual settings are in config_extended for phpList 3.2.x
If anyone needs to add this option to their phpList, paste and copy into their config.php file.

# year ranges. If you use dates, by default the drop down for year will be from
# three years before until 10 years after this the current value for year. If there
# is no current value the current year will be used.
# if you want to use a bigger range you can set the start and end year here
# be aware that the drop down may become very large.
# if set to 0 they will use the default behaviour. So I'm afraid you can't start with
# year 0. Also be aware not to set the end year to something relatively soon in the
# future, or it will stop working when you reach that year.
define('DATE_START_YEAR', 0); #change to start year required
define('DATE_END_YEAR', 0);

Thanks for your advise. Unfortunately membership names are not displayed in a separate column, but as extensions to email addresses.

It sounds like the import into excel is not recognising the field separator, which is tab by default. You can change that to be a comma, which excel should handle, by adding or changing this line in your config file. A value of 1 will make phplist use comma instead of tab as the field separator

# if you want to use export format optimized for Excel, set this one to 1

define("EXPORT_EXCEL",1);

Hi,

Are you updating to the new version or moving to phpList.com? This is really out of date and insecure now :confused:

Best

a
x