Manual Bounce Back

Hello,
I have installed latest version 3.3.1 ( fresh installation ) using softaculous and testing done , all setting done , all plugins work fine ( thanks to https://github.com/bramley/ ) , I do not get properly bounce back and not removed from list,
moreover Manually Bounce back work very fine in old version 3.2.7, but in new version Manual Bounce back not visible, is there any body help me how to use manually bounce back and email removed from list,
Thanks,
Mita

Hi @mita,

Are you saying that the menu is missing, or are you saying that the menu is there, but it does not function properly?

Dan

Thanks
Yes menu is missing ,
than after i try to go SSYSTEM >>> Manage Bounce >>> Process Bounce ,
but it is not functioning as on previous version 3.2.7 working fine,

based on your screen shot, it looks like it is working, in that the system will retrieve the bounces, then look for duplicate bounces, and then process the email addresses that have bounce multiple times (as specified in your config.php file)

Hello,
the screen say it is processed but bounce mail ( wrong email id ) not removed from list,
Thanks,
Mita

It depends on what your settings are… advanced rules bounce processing on or off, and what you have set for the number of consecutive bounces before unsubscribing…(the default is 5 bounces)

Thanks for reply,
Advanced rule bounce processing OFF and number of consecutive bounces before unsubscribing…(the default is 5 bounces) keep it remain default, and i have make send / rec more than 10 times but not function,
Thanks,
Mita

The subscriber is not removed from the list.
When the threshold is met, default 5 consecutive campaigns have bounced, then the subscriber is marked as unconfirmed. There is another setting to mark the subscriber as blacklisted as well. Look for an explanation of this in the config file.

Thanks for reply,
After 10 times consecutive bounce check but the subscriber is not marked as unconfirmed.
I have check config file ( 3.3.1 ) and compare with my good working old config.php ( version 3.2.7 ) both are same,
Thanks,
Mita

Hello,
After more than 10 times bounce process , the the subscriber is not marked as unconfirmed in the list.
Thanks,
Mita

@mita What value do you have for these settings in config.php

$bounce_unsubscribe_threshold = 3;

define('BLACKLIST_EMAIL_ON_BOUNCE', 5)

What does phplist show on the view bounces page? Are you sure that it is correctly matching the bounces to the subscriber?

Hello,
Thanks for reply,
As you have given guide , the config.php setting are the same , and one more line i have add as you have given define(‘BLACKLIST_EMAIL_ON_BOUNCE’, 5)
but problem not solve,
Thanks,
Mita

You didn’t explain what is shown on the view bounces page.[quote=“duncanc, post:11, topic:2761”]
What does phplist show on the view bounces page? Are you sure that it is correctly matching the bounces to the subscriber?
[/quote]

Hello,
Thanks sir,
I have fresh installed once again and sending the whole process jpg file step by step will help me to explain my problem.
Thanks,
Mitaphplist-1.zip (273.9 KB)

@mita You might be misunderstanding how bounce processing works.

You need to send a number of campaigns, each of which bounces, for phplist to mark the subscriber as unconfirmed. It is not clear exactly what you did 10 times. Was that 10 separate campaigns, in which case why is the bounce count for the subscriber only 3?

Also, ensure that the config file settings have the same value, otherwise phplist will use the larger value of the two for both:

$bounce_unsubscribe_threshold = 3;
define('BLACKLIST_EMAIL_ON_BOUNCE', 3);

You still have not shown the view bounces page, menu system > manage bounces. That will show each bounce that phplist has processed.