Installation index phpList in hosting

Hello, I just installed phpList on my hosting, I have opened the administration panel and after logging in, I see these two alerts, what steps should I take to solve it?

Running in test mode, no mail will be sent. Check your configuration file.

The pageroot in your config “/ lists” does not match the current location “/ newsletter”. Check your config file.

Version phpList: v3.6.2

Check your newsletter/config/config.php file.

Change ‘TEST’,‘1’) to ‘TEST’.‘0’

// if TEST is set to 1 (not 0) it will not actually send ANY messages, but display what it would have sent
// this is here, to make sure you edited the config file and mails are not sent “accidentally”
// on unmanaged systems

define(‘TEST’, 1);

Then add the following (It’s stored in the config_extended.php file for your reference)

// if you change the path to the phpList system, make the change here as well
// path should be relative to the root directory of your webserver (document root)
// Warning: Do not change this after installation. You can only change this before you
// install and initialise phpList.
$pageroot = ‘/newsletter’;

Config_extended has loads of options that can be used in phpList but is not used other than as a store for the extra options. To use them, copy into your config.php file, when you are ready to do so. :wink:

Thanks @Dragonrider,

But the alert keeps getting: The page root in your configuration “/ lists” does not match the current location “/ newsletter”. Check your configuration file.

What step do I have to do?

@Dragonrider

Also, when I click on the “send campaigns” button> start a new message, it still keeps redirecting me to …/lists/admin and not …/newsletter/admin

Hello.

I keep having problems after installing php. Since I keep getting the poster “The page root in your configuration” / lists “does not match the current location” / newsletter “.”.

Also, if I want to create a publication, it directs me to the / list folder and not to the / newsletter folder, as it told me the changes to make @Dragonrider

Thank you and I look forward to your help.

@utile As explained earlier you need to add this line to the config.php file, or amend an existing line

$pageroot = '/newsletter';

ensure the spelling and use of quote character is correct.

Hi @duncanc,

Attached capture with the change made and upload to the hosting. But I continue with the problems that I indicated in the previous post.

@utile You have changed the wrong file, you need to change config.php.

Hi @duncanc,

In the file “config.php”, no line appears with the content “$ pageroot =”

I am waiting …

@utile Please see my earlier reply

Hi @duncanc,

I have seen your previous post. I go inside the hosting folder to the config.php file (which was created here), I open it and there is no pageroot line to modify.

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you want to tell me.

@utile You have to add the line to the file.

Now if I have understood @duncanc.

The problem continues. Attached screenshots:

@duncanc @Dragonrider

I continue with the problem despite modifying the php file and adding the line that you indicate. What can be the error that I get that error?

Thanks!

@utile You appear to have put the new line within a block of comments. The line beginning with "/*" will make php ignore everthing up to the next "*/".

Just move the line for $pageroot to the end of the file.

Thanks @duncanc, He was effectively omitting the commented area.