How to set auto sending campaings emails

Hello everyone,

I have a campaign that is sending emails with this parameters in my config.php file:

// define the amount of emails you want to send per period. If 0, batch processing
// is disabled and messages are sent out as fast as possible
define('MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE', 100);

// define the length of one batch processing period, in seconds (3600 is an hour)
define('MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD', 3600);

// to avoid overloading the server that sends your email, you can add a little delay
// between messages that will spread the load of sending
// you will need to find a good value for your own server
// value is in seconds, and you can use fractions, eg "0.5" is half a second
// (or you can play with the autothrottle below)
define('MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE', 1);

But the problem is that when it reaches 100 sent emails (batch size) it stops and I have to go to the website and click Process queue button again.

So, the question is: Can I activate any parameter in order to have the queue continue sending the emails after the BATCH_PERIOD has concluded (automatically)?

Thanks

It says this:

Notice the next batch of 100 in 58 minutes 01 seconds but when that time is reached it doesn’t start again, so I have to click on the Process queue button

Thanks

You’re trying to send no more that 100 per hour, but you have set a pause of just 1 second from what I can see.

It might be worth trying to spread the load out more by setting MAILQUEUE_THROTLE to 36 (seconds) and giving that a try.

Also, check the sending limits that your host as set. If you are limited to (for example) 100 a day, once you hit 100, you will be unable to send more for 24 hours if that is how your host as set things on their mail server.

Just a thought

@Dragonrider

Hello, HostGator has a 500 email/hour limit, I’m just sending 100 emails/hour. The thing is why it doesn’t automatically start sending emails again when the 3600 seconds pass?

Thanks

@Dragonrider

More than an hour has passed but it still waiting I don’t know what for:

I will try what you say of changing MAILQUEUE_THROTLE to 36 secs

Thanks

I think it’s worse now :frowning:

What does this param do?

// max messages to process
// if there are multiple messages in the queue, set a maximum to work on
define('MAX_PROCESS_MESSAGE', 999);

Process 999 mails in a period of time? I don’t understand.

Thanks

Message means campaign in that context - unfortunately it is ambiguous. See https://resources.phplist.com/system/config/max_process_message

@samtuke

Hello, what does my config should be if I want to send 200 emails/hour?

Thanks

Off the top of my head I’m not sure - others are better placed to advise.