How to reset the bouncecount for one email?

how can I reset the bounces for one email adress?
sorry, if this is a stupid question - I didn’t find the answser in the docu
greetings
hans

Hi Hans,
Thanks for asking, no question is a stupid question.
I’m not aware of a way to do this via the web interface to phpList. If you have access to the database, you can look at the ‘phplist_user_user’ table and edit the bounce count for the user.
Dan

Thanks!
So the workaround would be
a) changing dircetly within the database
b) deleting and recreating the user
Hans

Hi, can I ask why you want to do this? Maybe there is another way to achieve your end goal

I go with option a as this keeps your subscriber history

personally I also have to reset the bouncecount as it comes from our CRM so it SHOULD be right, and if not the sales staff need to follow-up and correct it.
They need re-setting so that the next time the mail goes out I don’t flag them as having bounced when exporting the list.

my little sql snippet :wink: maybe it can help.

UPDATE `phplist_user_user` SET `bouncecount` = '0'
WHERE `phplist_user_user`.`email` = 'info@someadress.co.za' ;
# WHERE `phplist_user_user`.`foreignkey` != '' ;

I use the commented (#) line but you may find the active one above it more to your useage.

HTH

@ anna: For me it makes no sense, to delete subscribers just on the foundation of their bouncecount. Because there are those, who have sometimes or often a full mailbox. For me the most valuable criteria is: How many bounces did the subscriber have in one row without any exception?
May be there is a functionality which supports this request - and I just cannot see it so far. In this case I am very grateful for eny hint.
I. E. I would like to delete or deaktivate automatically or with one click all subscribers with 10 newest bounces in a row, (one after another, without exceptions.)

@HTH: Thanks for the snippet - I am hesitating to go direkt into the database because I am not used to do it…
many greetings
Hans

I think you can just raise the number of consecutive bounces before un-confirmation though, across the board.

Very cool digit, it will work but it’s incomplete.
You’re leaving the phplist_user_message_bounce data

lol @NYChris,
you can tell this is all brand new to me :wink:
Hopefully this should now be OK.

SET @bid = (SELECT id FROM phplist_user_user
                 WHERE email= 'someone@somewhere.co.za'
  #             WHERE `phplist_user_user`.`foreignkey` != '' 
                     );

UPDATE  `phplist_user_user` SET `bouncecount` = '0'
        WHERE id=@bid;

DELETE FROM phplist_user_message_bounce
       WHERE phplist_user_message_bounce.id = @bid;

COMMIT;

Thanks for the heads-up, this should work for the OP ( @HansT ), now I just have to figure out how to get multiple values into @bid, loop it, or another plan entirely lol.

Thanks for the exercise, When I have more time I’ll post my complete solution for a QC :wink:

2 Likes