From Email is Auto Replaced by $phpmailer_smtpuser Value

I have set following variables

define(‘PHPMAILERHOST’, ‘host16.registrar-servers.com’);
$phpmailer_smtpuser = ‘smtp@boxygen.ml’;
$phpmailer_smtppassword = ‘usayed2005’;
define(‘PHPMAILERPORT’,465);

define(“PHPMAILER_SECURE”,‘ssl’);

Whatever From Email I define in Campaign. It is automatically replaced by the SmtpUser value.

Even Reply-To tag is also set to smtpuser value.

Any Ideas how to handle it.

This is a feature of the mail server, not phplist. you would need to ask registrar-servers.com of there is a way to modify the settings on the mail server.

Thanks danwaterloo.

My host said that for security reason they rewrite the From Header to Match with Sender.

Any how is there any way to define a separate Reply-To Address in phpList for each campaign.

Regards.

There is no way to add a Reply-To address from the web interface, as it exists today.

Is the email address that you use for From an existing email address on the same domain, boxygen.ml ?

Yes it is the email on the same domain.

Like I tried mail@boxygen.ml but it was replaced by smtp@boxygen.ml

My host said the From Header is always set to the Sender (SMTP Auth Email) for security reasons.

Can you please tell where in the Code shall I add the Reply-To header to reflect in Email.

My host doesn’t over write the Reply-To header. So If I can add my To Address in Reply-To header then my problem would be 80% Solved. The headers will show something like below.

reply-to: Shams mail@boxygen.ml
to: Faisal Ayub faisal.ayub@boxygen.pk
date: Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 3:37 PM
subject: Here is the subject
signed-by: boxygen.ml
encryption: Standard (TLS) Learn more

Your response is highly appreciated.

@boxygen This code change will let you set the reply-to address to the from address.
In file admin/phplistmailer.php

line 291 should be

if (!parent::Send()) {

Add this line immediately before

$this->AddReplyTo($this->From, $this->FromName);

:smile: That worked like a charm for me.

Thanks Duncan