On my endless “challenge” to learn and optimise my bounce rules (see Please help clarifying Advance Bounce Processing and Error when creating advance bounces rules) just came across something I am uncertain if it is a bug or a system standart procedure which I don’t get. In both case I would be most grateful if someone could clarify how to avoid/fix.
I include the history of a user removing (with XXXXXXX) personal references:
129738 164.132.xxx.190 30 May 2018 16:41:51 Bounced system message Detail <br/>Subscriber marked unconfirmed <br/><a href="./?page=bounce&amp;id=629">View bounce</a> Info REMOTE_ADDR = 164.132.xxx.190 REQUEST_TIME = 1527691255 ----------------------- 119159 188.76.xxx.47 27 May 2018 20:53:12 Confirmation Detail Lists: *XXXXXXXXXXXX Info HTTP_USER_AGENT = Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 7.0; SAMSUNG SM-T813 Build/NRD90M) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) SamsungBrowser/7.2 Chrome/59.0.3071.125 Safari/537.36 REMOTE_ADDR = 188.76.xxx.47 REQUEST_TIME = 1527447192 ----------------------- 119150 188.76.xxx.47 27 May 2018 20:42:07 Change Detail email = email@example.com *changed* from GIMAxxxxxxx@HOTMAIL.COM confirmed = 0 *changed* from 1 Saludo - Title = D. *changed* from Acepto los términos de la política de privacidad disponibles en http://xxxxxxxxx.com/esp/privacy.php = on *changed* from Idioma - Language = esp *changed* from List Membership: * xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I understand this process in reverse order was:
- user access his prefrerencesurl
– user changed his email from a hotmail to a gmail account
- the system sends a confirmation message to both old and new email with link for confirmation
- the user, access the confirmation URL and accepts it from his mobile, so becomes confirmed
- today, when I process bounces, the “old” address email bounce, marks the user as unconfirmed again
The bounce email displays as “bounced system message” so I am assuming is not to do with our own rules! I can included if necessary but I am wondering:
- is it not enough if the user clicks the link of the new email address?
- does “any kind” of bounce produce the user “unconfirmed” of the previous email address?
- do the “system messages” take precedence to the advance rules… this is… could I try to get a rule to “Delete this kind of bounces” of previous email address or would that never work as the system ones would be executed first?
Many thanks again. Kind regards.