Can't send a newsletter

It is worth looking at your database to see how the users are listed…
Make sure the field ‘xyz_user_user.html’ is set to 1.

It seems that no matter what you tell the software, it’s sending plain text.

Sorry, danwaterloo,
I don’t understand:
Wher can I find the field ‘xyz_user_user.html’ to set the worth to 1? Must I do this directly in the php-Database, in the area phplists-user-user orr have I to do this in phpLists Config?
I don’t know and I didn’t found.

Sorry… yes, you need to access the database (phpMyAdmin?), and in the phplist_user_user table there is a field called ‘html’. set that value to ‘1’.

(depending where your installation is, and how it is installed, the table name may be different)

In the phplist_user_user table there is a column called htmlemail. and in this column there is in each row (by all subscribers) a 1.
Did you mean this?

That’s correct. 1 means the user would receive a html version of the newsletter, 0 means they will receive the text version.

Interesting. I thought 1 means they would get the html version with the plain txt version embedded.
Which would be displayed is dependent on the receivers email app.
At least that’s how it was in V2. Does V3 not do the same?

@NYChris You’re right. I guess I was thinking that the 1/0 was for what is being sent. The 1 means the html version is sent (with the text version sent also.).

These days, it’s unusual to find many people that set their email client to only show text…