Campaign stops sending after 114 emails

Hello phplist experts,

My campaign queue stops sending after 114 emails. I’ve set up my config file according to Bluehost’s recommended settings (see below) and they’ve even upped my hourly amount allowed to 200 emails. The only workaround I’ve found is to “stop processing” the queue in the browser window and then go into the send_process page (using phpMyAdmin) and reset the “alive” field in the current campaign to “0” and then restart the queue. Then I have to do the whole process again after the next 114 emails.
I’ve tried using chrome rather than firefox as my browser and the same issue occurs.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Config settings:

define(‘MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE’, 150);

define(‘MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD’,3600);

define(‘MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE’, 0);

define(‘MAILQUEUE_AUTOTHROTTLE’, 1);

@mtmatthew You should use a cron job to process the queue. The browser approach relies on javascript and the browser being kept open all the time, which usually doesn’t work well apart from sending small number of emails.

See the online manual Sending | phpList manual

1 Like

Thank you duncanc. I’ve been wondering about that. I do see an option in my Bluehost cPanel for Cron Jobs. And I’ve given the cron instructions in the phplist manual a look over.

For a fairly novice coder like myself (html 5 mainly), is everything I need in the manual?

Will I need to wait to begin another campaign, or can I stop the current one and restart it with cron job?

Thank you for the help.