After having tested phplist (version 3.2.0, Apache/2.2.22 -Ubuntu PHP/5.3.10-1ubuntu3.21) on my linux server at home, I put it in production on two hosted server (phplist version 3.2.1 - PHP Version 5.4.16 and phplist version 3.2.3 - PHP Version 5.4.16).
Everything looks fine, test mails are sent perfectly, pages are ok but … once I start a campaign no messages are sent
Both installations were performed by Softaculous which only asks to define cron timing (no additional details)
In one case I put 0-59/5 * * * * (as I did in my local server)
In the second one I defined 0-59/10 * * * *
If you are restricted to using a URL then you will need to use remote queue processing as described here https://resources.phplist.com/system/remote_processing
But I am not sure how effective that will be because phplist will process the queue only for one minute elapsed. Then nothing will happen for 29 minutes.
If you are running only one phplist then you can register with phplist.com. If you are running some sort of application service with multiple instances of phplist then you probably need a better hosting service.