Bounces working perfectly except bounce messages are not getting purged

For some reason phpList is not purging my bounce messages, even though I have enabled purging for both processed and unprocessed messages in my config file.

@tresdiasadmin The “purging” applies to the POP3 mailbox, not to the bounces held in the phplist database. Which are you referring to?

The ones in my POP3 mailbox. Is it a requirement that that mailbox be under the same domain that I’m running phpList from?

@tresdiasadmin That is usually not a good idea because it can make it appear that you are trying to spoof which domain is sending the emails. In config.php $message_envelope is usually the email address of the bounce account.

But that should not affect the purging of the POP3 mailbox. You do have this line in config.php

$bounce_mailbox_purge = 1;

Sorry for the delay in responding. Many irons in the fire. :grinning:

Okay, after further research it appears my bounces are getting deleted. I’m using Thunderbird to connect to my bounce mailbox, to verify that bounces are being generated properly. (They are.) I didn’t realize that since I’m connecting via POP, the Thunderbird messages are not synchronized with the messages on the server. They still appear in Thunderbird, even though they’ve been deleted from the server. This is what was throwing me off. In Thunderbird I re-created the connection to my bounce mailbox via IMAP instead of POP, and now the messages are getting deleted from my view as phpList is deleting them from the server with my bounce rules. So all is well. As you can tell, I’m not an e-mail guru.

I want to thank you for taking time to respond to me. :grinning: