After update I can not access my lists

Updated from phpList 2.1 to 3.2.0 then to 3.4.2.

After update to 3.2, I converted and initialized the databases and everything seemed to be OK, at least I got a “successful” prompt. I can see my old campaigns and view them with statistics

I then proceeded to update to 3.4.2. On startup I get no error messages.

The List names are all there but the number of subscribers shows as zero and I can not upload from a CSV file to any of them. The following message appears when I select Lists.

Database error 1146 while doing query Table ‘cavucomp_php1.phplist_user_user’ doesn’t exist
Database error 1146 while doing query Table ‘cavucomp_php1.phplist_user_user’ doesn’t exist

I have no idea what is wrong.

@CAVUCO Did you try closing the browser and trying on a private window? That’s usually caused by a session problem.

1 Like

Yes, tried a different browser too. Same result

@CAVUCO Are you using the same config.php file as before the upgrades? it looks as if this line is incorrect. Maybe you had a different value before the upgrades

$usertable_prefix = 'phplist_user_';

You can use phpmyadmin or similar to confirm what the table name really is.

That setting is what the old config.php file contained.

Does the database name end in “.sql.gz”?

My original file by this name < database name>.sql.gz exists in the backup folder above the new folder structure of public_html\lists.

Is this the right placement? Does phpmyadmin read a compressed file like that?

That is a backup of the database, not the database itself. If you have phpmyadmin then you should be able to see what the tables are actually called, e.g.

Your example is exactly what mine says. Is the prefix ‘phplist_’

Should I make the entry $usertable_prefix = ‘phplist_’;

That worked. Thank you very much

1 Like