Upgrade phplist problem

I just tried to upgrade phplist database , but for my hell , it got timed out , and now i get

phpList is in maintenance mode.
Please try again in half an hour.

can i remove the maintenance mode ?

@xristoskon Look in the config table for a row whose item field is “maintenancemode”, then set the value to an empty string.

2 Likes

thank you :smiley:
it was just this easy

i also have problem with greek encoding , as shown , any ideas ?

@xristoskon encoding problems can sometimes be solved by making a change to the config.php file, see BUG / Hotmail / phplist 3.2.3

i tried to edit it many times , but i still just paste in html the following :slight_smile:

σημερα είναι τετάρτη

and phplist translates it to:

<p>&sigma;&eta;&mu;&epsilon;&rho;&alpha; &epsilon;ί&nu;&alpha;&iota; &tau;&epsilon;&tau;ά&rho;&tau;&eta;</p>

please help me

@xristoskon You need to configure CKEditor to not use html entities for greek characters.

To do that create a custom ckeditor configuration file, e.g. ckcustom.js, containing

CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config ) {
    config.entities_greek = false;
};

and put that file somewhere on the web site. Then tell the CKEditor plugin the location of the file. See https://resources.phplist.com/plugin/ckeditor#custom_configuration

When first composing a campaign you should refresh the browser cache using F5.

1 Like

didnt work
i tried to make it that , but the email still gets out with the special chars

@xristoskon The change seems to work for me. In the email that I received the greek characters are displayed directly not html entities

<p>σημερα είναι τετάρτη</p>

thanks a lot , i will try to reverse to older working version , i hope i have no issue , cause im tired with this

Dear Duncan,

I particularly find it quite strange that usually the solution is for one to go into the databases and modify a value, even with the problem of the processque which from time to time, stalls, one must go to the process queue table and delete the stalled process, why can we not get a classic solution to these problems, such as ,

1. the process queue dont stall, I use also other bulk email software like Sendy, it does not stall yet I be sending email to 200k subscribers via Amazon, but larks certain features of PHPList
  2. Maintenance mode, question once again is what causes this? Why does the process stall?

Thank you.

@manjanjap Are you referring to the “sendprocess” table? If you need to remove rows from that table then it indicates a problem with the phplist processqueue page not completing successfully, such as being killed by the operating system.
The problem should correct itself after 5 or 10 minutes, not sure exactly, but phplist should “time-out” rows on that table.

Regarding point 2) you should raise an issue on Mantis for phplist to provide a way to reset the maintenance mode.

Hello,

Normally I upgrade phplist manually, but this time I chose the new auto-updater feature. Phplist seemed to hang at the Updating Templates stage (+1hr). I am now getting the message, " phpList is in maintenance mode.
Please try again in half an hour."

I looked through the config table and did not see the field labeled maintenancemode
mysql> describe phplist_config;
ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect…
Connection id: 65763947
Current database: achchi_phpl1

±---------±------------±-----±----±--------±------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| item | varchar(35) | NO | PRI | NULL | |
| value | longtext | YES | | NULL | |
| editable | tinyint(4) | YES | | 1 | |
| type | varchar(25) | YES | | NULL | |
4 rows in set (0.02 sec)

I looked through most of the other tables as well. Where would I find the maintenancemode field in order to clear it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

The item column has the value “maintenancemode”. The value column should be set to 0 to clear it.

Thank you for the reply. I eliminated the behavior by following the advice on another thread to delete the entire line. How to end the maintenance mode

It sounds like you are recommending something different. Should I put it back, but with the value set to 0? Will the deletion of that line cause problems for me in the future?

No, that is fine. phplist will handle either case.