Subscribe page, reorder attributes?

Hi, is there a way to put an attribute first on the subscribe page?
It seems that the email address is always first, but I would like the attribute “Name:” to be first, then the email address. See attached example of how it looks now, before reordering.

I don’t seem to see where it’s possible to set the display order for the email address to ‘2’…

Regretfully it isn’t an option, however, it is possible to make the Name attribute appear first.
Example: http://uk-webspace.com/test/embed3.html
You can fill it in, you’ll get a email confirming it’s gone through, but there’s no confirmation link, and no record is kept of the subscription, it’s there purely as a test page.

How to do so, create a fresh subscribe page in phpList, view the page in a browser, then View source and copy the necessary code from that into a HTML editor of your choice,

If you want to view source for the test page, just copy it all into your HTML Editor as is.

Three sections of code are needed for this to work, I think it was explained on the old site under custom subscribe pages but I’ll try to remember how it’s done.

First you need the standard HTML Page Header. Copy and paste from the Source.

Secondly Copy from <BODY… down to the closing tag.

Paste these into your blank page in your HTML Editor.

Now copy the <FORM to
Then move the Name section from the end of the form, and place it above the first Email Address section.
This MUST include the

and finish with the tags.

The FORM action url should match YOUR phplist installation and I’ve always found it best to use the full URL rather than starting at lists/

Afraid I can’t figure out how to add < Code> etc like the old phpBB forums allowed, this seems so much more restrictive if not downright unfriendly a forum.

With the new API coming soon you might be better just building a custom page x

I found a way to customize the subscribe page so the different attributes are in what ever order you desire. I have customized a subscribe page with name followed by email and confirmation email followed by mailing address, city, state, ZIP, phone number, format (html/text) and submit and clear buttons (the clear button inserted directly into the index.php page). I did this by first creating a subscribe page as administrator and viewing the page source. I then copied all of the table rows code into the lists/index.php page at a location immediately after
$html .= ListAttributes($attributes, $attributedata, $GLOBALS[‘pagedata’][‘htmlchoice’], 0,
$GLOBALS[‘pagedata’][‘emaildoubleentry’]);
These two lines are then commented out. I then added $html. =’ before the pasted code and added '; at the end of the pasted code so it is all added to the $html variable. You can now rearrange the attributes by cutting and pasting the appropriate rows.
Here is my modification:
// mod for reordering attributes on subscribe page so name is first, then emails, and then rest
// $html .= ListAttributes($attributes, $attributedata, $GLOBALS[‘pagedata’][‘htmlchoice’], 0,
// $GLOBALS[‘pagedata’][‘emaildoubleentry’]);
$html .= '

Name *
Email *
Confirm your email address *
Address *
City/Town *
State *
MassachusettsAlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWashington, DCWest VirginiaWisconsin
Phone Number
ZIP *
Preferred format for emails: Text                HTML '; // end of mod

Sorry about that. The page formatted my reply using the html code I inserted. Check out the page at www.sudburyminutemen.org/lists/index.php.