Subscribe page design and configuration: manual chapter feedback and discussion

Feedback on the following chapter: https://www.phplist.org/manual/ch025_subscribe-page-design-and-configuration.xhtml

This looks good to me.
Maybe it could use a few screen shots, but anyone who wants to do this should be able to read the instructions and be able to figure out the source html on their edits… or else!

1 Like

This is regarding the “Advanced Customisation” section of the Subscribe page design and configuration topic.

A) re: “You create a blank page in your HTML editor…”
  Okay. Did that. The page is completely BLANK.
  Oops, you meant:
     … a page that is a “sort of blank” HTML page,
    … but with the HTML, HEAD and BODY — and with the /BODY, /HEAD and /HTML — codes already created.
Got it. What’s next?

B) “…then copy and paste the contents of the Header box …”
  q: What? Paste it where?

C) “… and replace the code {/head} {body} in the HTML editor with the copied code…”
    » Really?
        » How can I replace the single End Head {/head} code with an entire stack of code?
        » Then, after I’ve pasted that entire code into the End HEAD {/head}, I also replace the single Start BODY {body} code with with the entire Clipboard contents also?
            » » Really?

q1: Do you mean to paste the Clipboard Contents AFTER the Start Head {head} code but BEFORE the End HEAD {/head} code?
  q2: Or did you mean to …
    first — paste “part of the copied code” within the HEAD,
    then — paste “the rest of the copied code” into the BODY?

What does this mean?
Needs to be more precise, aka “boring” to pHp coders.
As Albert said, “Only detailed enough to be accurate, and not one word more.”

Add how to embed the subscribe page into your website, which will normally be some sort of CMS with editor.

Okay, for the time being, please take a look at my site and see if this item makes sense, based on a Joomla! website.

For an HTML site, the following article may be of use, again, please have a look and see if it makes sense, cheers.

Thank you. Support has also given me a link: https://www.phplist.com/knowledgebase/website-integration/ but I think your posts might be more informative.

1 Like

Dragging this back to life for a slightly different slant. We absolutely do not issue any mail in HTML.

But I’ve just noticed that the subscription page has a pre-ticked “I prefer HTML” box.

I’ve hunted through lots of files and can’t see where that is so that I can remove it.

Actually, what I’d really like to do is disable HTML entirely especially as the later versions appear to impose it during drafting a campaign but I suspect that’s not an easy switch.

But if someone can point me to where I can simply comment out that line on the subscription page, at least we aren’t going to get irritated people who, misguidedly, actually left the box ticked.

Or tell me if there’s a toggle or setting I’ve missed :slight_smile:

Thanks

@VCLUK When editing the subscribe page you can specify whether to display that control for html format.

@duncanc

Thanks. That’s what I thought, too. but in the latest version the only option at Settings > subscribe pages is “add a new subscribe page.”

There is nothing for “edit.”

So, after your reply, I thought I’d try adding a new one.

And there, hey presto, is a pick list so I can disable it - and sure enough, it’s gone with the original page still in place but modified.

Thanks. I had been hunting through many files looking for a bit of code. :slight_smile: