Links in email do not work in 3.3

Same problem here! Please help!

I’ve disabled linktracking in the config for now.

define(‘CLICKTRACK’,0);

Please correct this bug asap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those links were corrupted so will not work ever, even once the problems have been fixed and a new version of phplist released.

The reason for suggesting to revert the phplist code is to be able to continue with new campaigns.

I have exactly the same problem

Crap crap crap !!! :smiley:

Maybe it’ll be safer to remove the download link to phpList 3.3.0 ? It’s quite dangerous.

@julienl The link has been removed.

If you want to continue with release 3.3.0 then you need to disable click tracking. Otherwise reverting to an earlier release should allow links in new campaigns to work with click tracking enabled.

I’ve allready reverted to 3.2, only one email (to 30k users…) was sent with 1 link. So for now, I’ve put a temporary redirect for all “tid=” to the link in the .htaccess… :

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}  ^tid=(.*)$
RewriteRule (.*)  the_link [R=302,L]

It’s ugly, but it works ! And when I’ll upgrade again to a working 3.3, the email will be “old”.

@julienl A release candidate of phpList 3.3.1 is available which should resolve this issue: phpList 3.3.1 Release Candidate ready for testing

@julienl Please can you confirm that 3.3.1-RC1 resolves the issue?

Sorry, but I can’t test before next week.

My first step is:

Then i test 3.3.1 → it works,
A few other things make problems.
Copy plugins to campaign etc.

With 3.3.1-RC1, do links work when you enable click tracking also?

yes, clicktracking works

@Benusa Excellent, thanks for testing!

phpList 3.3.1 is now available, including fixes for phpList 3.3.0.

I’ve not tried again since today, now it works well, thanks !

Comment disclaimer: I just recently upgraded from a 2013 installation (the orange one) to 3.3.1, so that by itself might be causing some issues.

However, though the links and clicktracking in the email body of my campaigns work fine, the Unsubscribe and Settings links in the footer generate a “The requested document was not found on this server” 404 message (not the Forward link for some reason). Any chance this is a common issue in 3.3.1 or should I be looking at my own install?

After upgrading that many versions, you should check your database and make sure all the tables and fields are there. Their were changes to the database structure along the way, and some of the tables were renamed.

“System” “Verify the database” It will tell you if anything is not correct.

Thanks for that. Verified and got all green thumbs up on this though.

I am having this exact same problem - the Unsubscribe and Preferences links do not work in my 3.3.1 version.
the link to Unsubscribe looks like eg.
http://domain.com/email/lt.php?tid=Kx9OVAZSCVYPB1XXXXX...
and then it fails to do anything with that url and dies with a
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server
Please contact the Administrator

What is the suggested remedy for this? Do I have to downgrade to an earlier version (if so, which version is suggested?) to get Unsubscribe links working with clicktracking, or should it be working?

thanks a lot for any insight.