Dead loop to login with 3.2.0

Thanks, perhaps I spoke out of turn, I didn’t realise it was several people.

Thanks for the assist.

No error message is displayed. I checked the code snippet you provided, and that block is the same on my install. So the error message is being skipped or displayed and overlaid.

The vardump code did not display anything on screen, but when I do a source view of the page contents I see “session timeout 1800”, which agrees with your statement above.

Now for the bad news. The most recent event log entry is 2015-09-17, before the upgrade.

Here is a screen grab video of what we are encountering:

http://www.gunfacts.info/pme/phplist-login-loop.mp4

Sorry, I should have pointed out that you would need to have viewed the page source. This is what you need to look for

session timeout 1800

You might have missed the session age. int(14) means 14s since the last page request.

But if there is no message displayed then it won’t be this condition that is being hit. The other one that I mentioned is to do with the IP address.
Line 230 should be

$remoteAddr = getClientIP();

Can you add another var_dump after that

var_dump($remoteAddr);

That too should appear immediately after the <title> element when you view source, and should be something like

string(13) "90.193.206.53"

I have tried a few times, but the video doesn’t seem to play.

Can you use a browser tool such as Firefox web console to see what is actually being sent back by phplist?

@duncanc, this looks very similar to what we were working on… ipv6 could be the culprit. I looked up @gunfacts hosting, and it’s ‘ipv6 ready’.

The ipv6 issue looks like it has been addressed in the upcoming release (next week). in the mean time, perhaps gunfacts could try this fix to see if that helps?

Also, to view the video (it’s an .mp4 file), you need a plugin to process it. My computer is setup to use quicktime. If you are using Firefox, you can look in the ‘Preferences’ ‘Applications’ and search for mp4, it will then show you what the default application is for .mp4 files

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. Busy work week here.

I inserted both debug sections, and here is the dump around the title tag:

phpList :: phpList :: Statistics overview< /title>bool(false)
NULL
session timeout 1800<link rel=“icon” href="./images/phplist.ico" type=“image/x-icon”

It almost appears as if the client IP address is returned as null. Perhaps this is the IPv6 issue Dan speaks of? For giggles, here is the desktop ipconfig dump (running over stock wifo through a consumer Linksys router out to Comcast).

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\guysm_000>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.ca.comcast.net

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : hsd1.ca.comcast.net
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2601:647:cb02:6d6d:5d58:e163:d8d3:5013
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2601:647:cb02:6d6d:8846:9ab5:29ef:279a
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5d58:e163:d8d3:5013%3
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::c256:27ff:fe77:f5fb%3

Perhaps. See above. IPv6 via Comcast though IPv4 on this side of the router.

I did not see the bug tracker associated with fix #17848. Do my symptoms agree with the source of this bug?

Yes, the symptoms are that you are constantly being asked to log in.

Thanks Dan. So with an update in the wings, I may only need to delay a product announcement a tiny bit.

Now, having once been a system programmer, I’ll ask you the question I hated people asking me … when will the update be available?

I think the scheduled date is Oct 5, but I’m just an observer. I’d probably give another week…

We are wrapping it up at the moment, a few last min urgent issues as usual, but it should be out today or tomorrow at the latest :smile:

Hey, 3.2.1 with the fix for this dead loop is now online and ready to download. You all get thanked in the release notes :wink:

a
x

Hi
where can it be downloaded? can’t see the link anywhere :smile:/

Found it, nevermind: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phplist/files/phplist/3.2.1/phplist-3.2.1.zip/download

Installed and working.

Many thanks to the PHPList team for correctly identifying the bug and getting a fix out quickly.

1 Like

HI,

Just upgraded to 3.2.3 and found the same solution, can anyone help me how to resolve,

Really odd. 3.2.0 had the bug and 3.2.1 fixed it. Surprised you have similar problems in 3.2.3.

hi,

Yeah read the entire thread, but couldnot help I’m getting this error.

After, login a POP says "Initialling PHPlist in your Language " & Logs out in fraction of secs.

Pls anyone help with a solution.

Hi,

Unable to find the solution but I just copy pasted the config.php from a new install & it worked.

1 Like

So must have been some error in config - a stray comma can do this even

A post was split to a new topic: Your session timed out