Add a new subscriber via cpanel interface - not confirmed

Hi,

I just realized that the records I have been adding to the database manually (on occasion, when needed, based on email conversations) via “Add a new subscriber” are unconfirmed ?

So … no emails will be sent to them.
That’s annoying, I have no idea how to track those specific entries and fix them.

Is there a way to default ‘confirmed’ for anything that I add manually ?

@ibPeter I thought that confirm by default was the usual behaviour, and indeed we only just added the option to mark unconfirmed during import to the last phpList release. Check out the ‘reconcile subscribers’ page for some options on reclassifying subscribers.

Hi @samtuke,

I don’t know if it makes a difference but I use “Subscribers / Add a new subscriber”
I’m not using “Subscribers / import emails”

I’m also still using 3.2.6

@ibPeter Generally speaking it’s best to upgrade to the latest version so we are all on the same page. That said, I doubt this functionality has changed between these versions.

Generally speaking it’s best to upgrade to the latest version so we are all on the same page

@samtuke I agree but I have a self made plugin in place and I interface with another installed plugin to automatically add records to the db as well (when another website contacts mine) and having to port all that to the newer design is not something I’m looking forward to. I made it years ago. It works, so I didn’t look at it for a long time. The learning would be steep (again).